The new m.unit blue is an improved version of the tried and true m.unit by undergoing significant development and improvements. It is now equipped with 12 inputs and 10 outputs, replaceable high-quality cable clamps and, most notably, Bluetooth® LE. This enables the mo.unit blue to be connected to our ‘mo.ride’ smartphone App. This feature is unique for motorcycle accessories.
The mo.ride App manages the entire setup and alarm system. Fault diagnostics can also be performed during operation and without having to remove the mo.unit. The secure, encrypted Keyless Go function can also be used.
When this function is activated and you approach your bike with your smartphone, the on-board electrical system is activated and the bike is ready to be started.
The m.unit blue is the digital control unit for your bike – the heart of the entire on-board electrical system. It can be operated using buttons or using conventional handlebar switches. It controls all necessary components on the vehicle while also performing fuse functions.
There are considerably fewer relays and individual components in the wiring harness and the vehicle can be rewired with less effort in a very short amount of time.
When using the mo.button, all switch connections are reduced to one single cable.
Features WITHOUT smartphone and mo.ride App
- Complete digital control using buttons possible with 4 or 5-button operation.
- Complete replacement for the fuse box. 10 independent circuits are digitally monitored and switched off if there are faults. After the fault is rectified, the safety function is automatically reset.
- Integrated alarm system that can be installed in any position.
- Integrated, digital flasher relay that is load-independent; automatic switch-off optional and can be set; m.wave mode can be selected.
- Integrated hazard warning light.
- Turn signal can optionally be set as a positioning light.
- Integrated parking light and Hi-beam flashing.
- Lo-beam and Hi-beam (up to 200 W switched capacity) can be controlled using only one button.
- Integrated, digital brake light modulator; flashing mode can be programmed.
- Acceleration-controlled emergency brake light (automatic warning signal).
- Integrated starter relay for the starter system with solenoid (up to 30 A switched capacity).
- Intelligent and configurable management/switch-off of power consuming devices so that the maximum starting energy from the battery can be used when starting the bike.
- Integrated, digital horn relay.
- Two configurable additional outputs AUX1 and AUX2.
- Diagnostics function for assigning inputs, outputs, the circuit switching status, short circuit diagnostics etc.
- Current measurement enables faults to be detected on all lights suchs as headlights, turn signals, brake lights etc.
Features WITH smartphone and mo.ride App
- Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
- Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the bike with your smartphone).
- Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.).
- Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
- The on board voltage can be monitored in the App.
- Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
- Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
- Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
- Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with mo.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs etc.
- Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
- Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
- LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible motogadget products at a later date.
The mo.ride App is available for Android and for iOS .
iPhone from iOS 10 / Android from 8.0 (compatibility may be limited due to manufacturer)
Further information on the App can be found at moride.de or in Google Play and iTunes.
Scope of Delivery
- m.unit blue
- 2 cable eyes
- 1 x M5 stainless steel bolt
- 2 x M5 stainless steel bolts with hex nuts
- 1 x speed sensor with 2 magnets
- Detailed installation and operating instructions
Dimensions and specifications
L/W/H: 90 x 53 x 30 mm (3.5″ x 2.1″ x 1.2″)
Weight: approx. 180 g
Mounting: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive
Operating voltage: 6V – 20V
Operating temperature: -20 °C… +80 °C
1 x input (+12V switched) for ignition lock or m.Lock
11 x control pilot inputs (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch, kick stand switch, LIN-Bus, AUX1 and AUX2
10 x Outputs (+12V) for left turn signal, right turn signal, Lo-beam, Hi-beam, starter, horn, brake light, ignition, AUX1 and AUX2